Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
AdAway is a utility used to manage hostfile entries; your phone must be rooted to use this app. AdAway doesn’t directly block ads; it limits unwanted ads by blocking servers that distribute those ads to websites. Modifying hostfile entries is also useful in blocking ads on some Android apps.
• Read/Write access on system partition
Website with Source code and Issue Tracker http://code.google.com/p/ad-away
Help translate AdAway on https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/adaway
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Add redirection validation
Improve application update screen
Update Android gradle plugin
Fix VPN crash when the only system DNS server available uses IPv6 and IPv6 is disabled from settings
Remove html-textview dependency and jcenter repository
Special thanks to FrostbiterTy, SapphireExile, zgfg for their bug reports.
This app has no advertisements
More Info: https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway Download Instructions: